Web designing requires proper planning. It requires creative sense as well as knowledge of the designing tools. Since a website helps in creating an online presence on the net, it is necessary to be careful to make it more appealing to the online visitors.
If a web designer can avoid the basic mistakes of web designing then he can create successful sites. Some of the mistakes of web designing are mentioned here which one can keep in mind while designing a site:
* Outdated and Controversial Information: It is very important to keep your website consistent. You should always try to avoid controversial content on your site. Adding irrelevant and outdated content will confuse and irritate the users.
* Unchecked Chatting Options: Chats that are not checked or moderated do not yield positive results. Instead of wasteful chatting, you can encourage your site users to participate in different interactive activities other than chatting online. You can start forums and blogs for this purpose.
* Use of Unnecessary Jargons: Always try to use such content that is easily understood by the readers. Unless you are creating content for specific service/industry, try to avoid technical terms as far as practical.
* Avoid Bragging: Try to avoid showing off to your customers. Readers prefer relevant information about your company and your services. They do not like the site owner to brag about oneself. If you want to publicize your company to your viewers you can add press releases and testimonials to your site.
* Excessive Advertising: Adding inappropriate advertisements in your website design is not desirable. A site viewer will never like to stay on a site for long if it is cluttered with pop ups and lots of ads. This harms the credibility of your site.
* Loose Web Security: You should not ignore the security of your website. Do not hesitate to take professional web hosting services to ensure that your website is well secured. The sensitive information is to be well guarded from being misused.
* Providing too Many Options: Try not to confuse your site visitors. Use friendly navigation steps on your site. Provide proper links that will lead your visitors to the right web pages. If the visitors get confused about which link to click then they will soon get bored and left the site. So instead of providing too many options provide only the relevant clickable links.
However, just avoiding some common website design mistakes is no longer sufficient any more. You have to give equal attention to web development for ensuring a wholesome growth of your website and to win the love and adoration of your visitors.