Website development may seem a tough job if you do not have any idea about it. If you do not have even a minimum idea about the different stages of a site development then there is high possibility that web development company can charge you exorbitantly for their services.
Some of the vital web development stages are discussed here:
* Analysis of the Project: This is the very basic stage of web development in any web development company. Before starting off it is required to gather some of the basic information about the project. The objectives and purpose of developing a site is to be known. It is also important to know for whom the site is going to be developed.
* Documentation: Once the project analysis is complete, it is required to know whether it is feasible to carry out the project. The cost has to be also calculated. Documentation is prepared which is passed on to the clients for their approval.
* Designing a Site: Site designing starts once a project and its pricing are approved between the client and a web development company. Now the look and feel of the site is planned and designed.
* Developing a Site: This is one of the essential parts of web development. Development of a site comprise designing a database and prepare proper coding for a site. This is a back end coding that helps to run a site.
* Testing: Once designing and development of a site is complete, it is given for testing. The test engineers are assigned with the duty to check whether the site is properly working or not. On finding errors they are conveyed to the developers of the site for required modifications. The testing process is continuously carried out until the site is completely error free.
* Setting it Up: After the testing engineers it is the client’s turn to check the site. Following a customer’s feedback it is either sent back to the developers or if it is approved then preparations are taken to set it up.
* Regular Maintenance: This is the last but not the least stage of web development. A site after going live needs regular maintenance. A site should be also regularly updated from time to time.