Selecting a lifetime partner can sometimes be planned or it can happen suddenly. To some, it requires a lot of knowing, accepting or respecting until he/she finds that special someone.
Some people upon having a stable job may consider marriage as the next step to attend to his/her life. In the process of selecting one’s mate, several factors must be considered.
1. Physical attractiveness – to some, this is the first to consider.
2. Propinquity or nearness – people who are always together because they do things together gets attracted to each other.
3. Basic similarities – similarity of religion, ethic groups or social status can be a factor in selecting a certain individual whom you may consider to be your future mate.
4. Common interest – people got attracted to each other because of common set of values or interest or are able to enjoy common activities.
5. Reciprocal feelings – young people have the notion that because a certain individual is attracted to him/her he or she also gets attracted to the same person.
6. Practicality – when a person is referred by another because of his/her looks, age and his/her family background.